As we get closer to the end of Spring Training, we are inching closer and closer to the beginning of the start of the Florida State League season. The start of Minor League Baseball seasons means promotions – days and nights of interesting promotions.
For the most part, promotions are the lifeblood of Minor League Baseball attendance. Fans go to games for the casual environment. Wins aren’t as important at the Minor League level and rarely are big names – whether a rehabbing MLB player or a hyped minor leaguer – a draw in the Florida State League.
Over the last few weeks, most of the Florida State Leagues in the Tampa Bay area have released their promotion schedules. This post does not include each ballparks’ daily promotions which include $1 days, thirsty Thursdays, family Sundays, etc.
This year the Marauders are promoting an all-you-can-eat ticket package. The team is offering different three different five game plans that include a hat, a bobblehead, the five games, and all-you-can-eat at the ballpark. Each plan covers different additional promotions such as Military Appreciation Night, Super Hero Night, or Star Wars Night.
Individual promotions on the Marauders schedule include:
- Fireworks: April 9th, May 27th, July 2nd, Aug 27th
- Fan Appreciation Day: May 27th, Aug 27th
- Military Appreciation Night: June 11th
- Star Wars Night: July 23rd
The Threshers typically have the most extensive promotions schedule. They often feature post-game concerts and frequent fireworks nights. This year, they open with a promotion celebrating their 2 millionth fan.
Individual promotions on the Threshers schedule include:
- Opening Night / 2 Millionth Fan Promotion on April 8
- Star Wars Night on April 23
- Super Hero Night on August 20.
- Pitch for Pink on July 23
- Prostate Cancer Awareness Night on September 2
- Faith and Family Night with a concert by The Afters on May 20
- Motorcycle Night by Cycle Springs on May 21
- Veterans and Military Appreciation Night on June 4
- Independence Day Fireworks on July 2 and 3
Dunedin Blue Jays
The Dunedin Blue Jays usually have the smallest promotion schedule and rarely schedule the daily promotions other local teams do. But they often have the most creative promotions, such as Turn Back the Clock Day and Guinness World Record attempts. The D-Jays also often partner with local breweries and food trucks.
Individual promotions on the Dunedin Blue Jays schedule include:
- Mascot Night – April 9th
- Food Truck Rally – May 14th
- Superhero Night – May 28th
- Princesses and Pirates Night – June 11th
- Post-game Fireworks – July 3rd
- Beer, Bacon, and Fireworks – July 15th
- Back to School Fireworks – Aug 27th
- Fan Appreciation Day – Sep 1st
To date, the Tampa Yankees have no yet released their promotions schedule. They have released their season ticket package. This post will be updated when the Yankees promotions are announced.